I develop high-performance, multidisciplinary systems for energy, medical, and aerospace applications. Representative projects include
- In-line inspection systems for oil and gas pipelines
- Wearable sensing systems
- Implantable rotary blood pump with a magnetically levitated impeller
- Specialized accelerometers for inertial navigation systems
Areas of Expertise
Scientific software development, signal processing, machine learning, and statistics. Python, C/C++, R, and MATLAB. Contributions that are publicly available include
- I added the exact solution for two-sided normal tolerance intervals to
toleranceinterval, a Python package for computing statistical tolerance intervals.
- Pipeline Flow Calculator, a simple web application for estimating the gas velocity in a pipeline at specified conditions.
Permanent magnet design, electromagnetics, motors, and actuators.
Dynamics, feedback control, stress analysis, and mechanical design.
Embedded systems, data loggers, sensors, firmware, filtering, and cabling.